Pure Hothouse Foods, is a premier grower and marketer of high quality greenhouse grown products to retail and food-service partners throughout North America and marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization.
The Buyer negotiates, orders, and manages the packaging inventories for the entire company. The position reviews inventory on all company supplies, conducts cost analyses, reviews efficiencies, ensures safety stock levels are set up and adhered to, proper rotation (FIFO) procedures are followed, and new concept packaging is tested properly. The position is also required to attend trade shows and provide customer service support.
- As a representative of the company, responsible for negotiating new contracts as well as re-negotiating expiring contracts in a manner which is aligned with the company’s vision and values
- Negotiate, purchase, order and manage packaging inventories;
- Analyze cost efficiencies in supply management, time study packing lines, and inventories
- Supervise and monitor work performance of packaging team, including remote direct reports
- Report food safety and quality problems
- Ensure new and existing packaging suppliers provide letters of compliance for food safety
- High focus on customer service
- High focus on cost reduction
- Comfortable having difficult conversations when needed (ex. vendor is late with delivery, bad product).
- Ensure all purchasing activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the overall organization
- Post-secondary education is required; degree in purchasing, supply chain management or a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of previous purchasing experience is required; experience in the produce/agriculture industry is ideal
- Demonstrated inventory accounting experience is preferred
- Capacity to engage with suppliers and build relationships to create win-win partnerships is required
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An attention to detail as well as analytical and planning skills are essential
- Must be a sound decision maker and able to work in a high stress environment
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP and the PrimusGFS program is beneficial
- Conditions typically found in an office setting; role routinely uses standard office equipment
- Available to work flexible hours; ability and willingness to travel
- The employee will need to listen and talk to other employees as well
- Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting for prolonged periods is required
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: September 4, 2019