The Commodity Planner is responsible for allocation and inventory management of a designated commodity across all sites. They are responsible for the flow of their commodity for both internal and externally procured items from either domestic or imported sources.
- Creates product allocations based on customer specifications and inventory levels
- Ensures allocations are distributed, updated throughout the day and executed with Production
- Routinely checks product quality in inventory and maintains communication with Quality team on inbound product
- Coordinates and assists in communicating customers’ expectations with Production, Shipping, and Receiving
- Ensures constant communication with sales on ad planning, product movement
- Ensures constant communication with buyer to determine purchasing product volumes needed to bridge growing gaps, cover ad’s and fill volumes
- Constant contact with farms on picking forecasts to stay on top of inventory volumes, sizes and quality to better plan
- Routinely monitors, verifies, and gives feedback to Production on their accuracy of product grading
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two or more years in produce allocation or inventory management preferred
- Proven track record in demonstrating ability to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge in MS Office, Excel, Outlook and Famous or Inventory Management Systems
- Ability to multi-task and work in high pressure environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Typical office setting, regular use of computers, printers, fax machines, scanners, etc.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
Include the following language for Canadian jobs –
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Email Address to be directed to:
Posted on: January 16, 2020