The Receiving and Dry Goods Document Technician is responsible for accurately billing out orders, and ensure product is properly traced, and shipped out to the correct customer. The Receiving and Dry Goods Document Technician also ensures drivers are checked in and released with appropriate paperwork and assists in shipping products. This role will support the Buyer and the Purchasing Departments; review inventory supplies, find efficiencies and ensure minimum and maximum stock levels remain consistent. This technician will complete proper rotation (FIFO) procedures and support the department by testing new concept packaging. The position will require some travel to storage facilities, greenhouse and packhouse operations to provide a level of customer support as it relates to package supplies.
- Complete physical inventory counts of all stocked items twice weekly.
- Communicate and address variances, quality issues and concerns with relevant departments to help identify the causes and implement sustainable corrective action.
- Assist in securing letters of compliance for food safety from existing packaging suppliers.
- Visit and regularly communicate with growers, to establish and evaluate their packaging needs; review quality and
- inventory on hand.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients and vendors.
- Administrative duties; collecting information, data input.
- Collect, record, verify and print receiving documentation and data; cross check to bill of lading to ensure accurate
- reporting of inventory and product levels; create reports
- Investigate variances, resolve discrepancies and complete revisions; report to personnel with authority
- Act as a point of contact for Truck Drivers; provide drivers with accurate paperwork before load is released, track
- and report driver concerns about trailer, equipment or product shortage
- Provide support to supervisor as is relates to driver schedule, lot layout; notify drivers when trailers need to be
- pulled or placed at dock
- Partner with Supervisor and Quality Department to assist in receiving product
- Schedule receiving and inbound appointments as required
- Ensure compliance for GMPS, SOP’s, policies, and procedures
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum one (1) year forklift experience required
- Minimum of one (1) year inventory management and/or quality assurance experience in the produce industry preferred
- Experience with ERP software FAMOUS® preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety preferred
- Some computer knowledge required; Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), ERP software, FAMOUS® preferred
- Excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment; possess a strong attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; provide leadership when needed
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; flexibility required; ability and willingness to travel for training; must hold a valid passport with no travel restrictions
- This job operates in a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods is required
- Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms
- The position will involve needing to lift up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds
Pure Flavor® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Protected Veteran, or Disability Status.
Posted on: January 23, 2023