Southern Flavor Farms LP, marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand, is a family of greenhouse vegetable growers who share a commitment to bringing A Life of Pure Flavor™ to communities everywhere. Our passion for sustainable greenhouse growing, strong support for our retail & foodservice customers, and focus on engaging consumers is built on a foundation drawn from generations of growing expertise. We are the next generation of vegetable growers, inspired to put quality, flavor, and customers first by providing greenhouse-grown vegetables from our farms that are strategically located throughout North America.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization. We are looking to add an Assistant Grower to our soon to be completed, state of the art greenhouse in Fort Valley, Georgia.
The Equipment Maintenance Technician is responsible for the integrity of the Packhouse machinery and equipment.
- Maintain and repair production equipment including electrical, mechanical and pneumatic components
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment and conveyor lines
- Respond to maintenance calls, troubleshoot and complete work orders on the production floor in a timely manner
- Develop and record equipment and preventative maintenance tasks and work orders
- Inventory spare parts and report usage; suggest re-orders to General Manager
- Maintain safe and orderly work area and properly maintain tools
- Comply with all GMP, safety & food safety procedures and participate in safety and food safety training
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a maintenance technician role in a manufacturing environment required
- Strong understanding of and demonstrated experience with pneumatics and low voltage controls
- Proven experience with all aspects of safety for machinery and conveyor systems
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Must be able to perform simple math and use basic hand-held measuring tools
- Able to work in a fast-paced, warehouse environment with tight deadlines
- Able to work independently with minimal instruction and high accountability while also able to work with others
- Must have a general understanding of the manufacturing processes, quality standards, equipment operations and safety requirements
- Sound analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Cold warehouse environment where the temperature averages 45-55 degrees Fahrenheit
- Must be able to push, pull and/or lift up to 100 lbs. and safely operate assigned machinery
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, climb ladders and work in tight spaces in and around machinery
- Must be able to grasp and reach both forward and above head level
- Weekly work schedule Monday – Friday and half-days on Saturdays
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: July 11, 2018