Pure Hothouse Foods, located in Leamington, ON is family run business with generations of greenhouse growing experience. Our passion for sustainable growing and strong support for retail has enabled us to become a leader within the fresh produce community.
Our team is dedicated, energetic and ready to make decisions that enable people across North America to live a healthier lifestyle. It isn’t work. It’s a career. And one that has the ability to change lives daily. Sound good? Awesome! It’s time to #FlavorUP!
Responsible for all food safety and health & safety manuals, procedures and staff training at Pure Hothouse Foods Inc. facilities.
- Support all third-party audits for PrimusGFS, FDA, USDA, code of conduct programs etc.
- Review all programs annually
- Complete a regular Food Safety Inspection of the facility to ensure Good Manufacturing Practices are being conducted
- Validate and verify all operational checklists and food safety plan
- Create and maintain operational manuals
- Conduct internal program audits and mock recalls as required
- Conduct food safety and health & safety training for all Pure Hothouse Foods Inc. employees
- Attend and assist with quarterly food safety meetings and mock audits
- Liaise with outside vendors for support with pre-requisite programs such as pest programs, janitorial services and cleaning products
- Meet company and statutory hygiene, quality, food and health & safety and packing standards and procedures
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
- Post secondary education in a business discipline
- GMP and pre-requisite training as well as HACCP training
- Joint health & safety committee part 1 and 2 certification an asset
- Knowledge of GMPs, health & safety, food safety, HACCP, PrimusGFS, CFIA, FDA standards
- Independent or team work
- Experience in a high stress environment
- Strong MS Office computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to train team members and interact with all levels of the organization as well as with customers and vendors
- Project planning skills
- On call and after-hours support
- Some travel may be required
- Conditions typically found in a warehouse with varying temperatures
- Sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time may be required
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: September 20, 2018