Southern Flavor Farms LP, marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand, is a family of greenhouse vegetable growers who share a commitment to bringing A Life of Pure Flavor™ to communities everywhere. Our passion for sustainable greenhouse growing, strong support for our retail & foodservice customers, and focus on engaging consumers is built on a foundation drawn from generations of growing expertise. We are the next generation of vegetable growers, inspired to put quality, flavor, and customers first by providing greenhouse-grown vegetables from our farms that are strategically located throughout North America.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization. We are looking to add a Food Safety Coordinator to our soon to be completed, state of the art greenhouse in Fort Valley, Georgia.
Responsible for all food safety and health & safety manuals, procedures and staff training.
- Develop and implement a HACCP Food Safety program
- Support all third-party audits for PrimusGFS, FDA, USDA, code of conduct programs etc.
- Review all programs annually
- Complete a regular Food Safety Inspection of the facility to ensure Good Manufacturing Practices are being conducted
- Validate and verify all operational checklists and food safety plan
- Create and maintain operational manuals
- Conduct internal program audits and mock recalls as required
- Conduct food safety and health & safety training for all site employees
- Attend and assist with quarterly food safety meetings and mock audits
- Liaise with outside vendors for support with pre-requisite programs such as pest programs, janitorial services and cleaning products
- Meet company and statutory hygiene, quality, food and health & safety and packing standards and procedures
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
- 2 – 4 year degree in Food Safety, Food Science, Consumer Foods or related field
- GMP and pre-requisite training as well as HACCP training
- Knowledge of GMPs, health & safety, food safety, HACCP, PrimusGFS, FDA standards
- Able to work independently and/or within a team
- Experience in a high stress environment
- Strong MS Office computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to train team members and interact with all levels of the organization as well as with customers and vendors
- Project planning skills
- Experience in the produce/agriculture industry is a plus
- Conditions typically found in a warehouse with varying temperatures and conditions typically found in an office setting
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment
- The employee will need to listen and talk to other employees as well
- Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting for prolonged periods may be required
- Available to work flexible hours; ability and willingness to travel occasionally
- On call and after-hours support
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to Pure Hothouse Foods today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status.
Posted on: June 13, 2018