Pure Hothouse Foods is family run business with generations of greenhouse growing experience. Our passion for sustainable growing and strong support for retail has enabled us to become a leader within the fresh produce community.
Our team is dedicated, energetic and ready to make decisions that enable people across North America to live a healthier lifestyle. It isn’t work. It’s a career. And one that has the ability to change lives daily. Sound good? Awesome! It’s time to #FlavorUP!
The Inventory Control Clerk will be responsible for handling inventory related paperwork from receiving, shipping, and production departments as well as data entry for inventory balancing.
- Perform general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or material handling equipment
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices or orders to verify accuracy and quality of shipment
- Adhere to shipping and receiving policies/procedures and regulatory compliance procedures
- Maintain compliance with laws, regulations and/or standards and complete appropriate documentation as required
- Prepare document such as receiving reports, work orders and pick tickets
- Store supplies
- Confer and correspond with establishment to rectify problems such as damages, shortages and non-conformance to specifications
- Maintain shipping and receiving area
- Utilize material handling equipment and wrapping machinery
- Meet company and statutory hygiene, quality, food and health & safety and packing standards and procedures
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority
- Comply with Packhouse SOPs, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and policies & procedures
- Sanitation Duties daily to maintain cleanliness of office and warehouse
- Teamwork or independent work
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
- High school diploma, preferred
- 1 + years of sit-down Forklift experience
- Physically able to lift, stack, sit or stand for long periods of time
- Vision abilities required to perform job duties
- Problem solving skills: missing goods, shortages, organizational skills, making adjustments for frequent interruptions and changing priorities caused by rush orders and delays
- Communicates any issues or concerns to a supervisor or manager
- Monday to Saturday 10:30 pm to 7 am
- On-Call and overtime hours required
- Cold environment where some heavy lifting, up to 30lbs., is required
- Standing and sitting for an extended amount of time may be required
- Bending, stretching, twisting, crouching, grasping, reaching and lifting above shoulders regularly
- Sitting and walking for prolonged periods of time
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status.
Posted on: July 26, 2019