Assures produce of the highest quality is packed into the appropriate containers, labels and meets food safety & commodity specifications at an acceptable productivity level.
- Visually inspect and identify different ripening stages, sizes and classification and pack them accordingly
- Responsible for handling produce carefully to prevent bruising or blemishes of the product
- Cleaning and sanitization of food contact surfaces in the packing area
- Meet quality, food safety & packing standards set out by Packing Supervisors
- Visually inspects produce & packaging for foreign object control
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority
- Ability to work independently
- General understanding of packinghouse operations and good manufacturing practices
- Preferred: Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP and the PrimusGFS program
- Preferred: Secondary School Education
- Previous experience is an asset, willing to train
- Cold warehouse environment where the temperature averages 45-55 degrees Fahrenheit (8-13 degrees Celsius)
- Noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery and forklift operation
- Fulltime, Hourly, Monday to Saturday, Rotational shifts (i.e. 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, 3:30 pm – close)
- Evenings & Weekend hours during peak season or as the job requires
- Occasional overtime and holidays may be required
Physical Requirements (If applicable):
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; bend; twist; use hands to handle or feel product or packaging; and reach with hands and arms.
- The position involves walking and lifting less up to 30-pounds occasionally. Visual requirements.
Include the following language for Canadian jobs –
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Email Address to be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: October 29, 2020