Pure Hothouse Foods, located in Leamington, ON is family run business with generations of greenhouse growing experience. Our passion for sustainable growing and strong support for retail has enabled us to become a leader within the fresh produce community.
Our team is dedicated, energetic and ready to make decisions that enable people across North America to live a healthier lifestyle. It isn’t work. It’s a career. And one that has the ability to change lives daily. Sound good? Awesome! It’s time to #FlavorUP!
As a General Labourer – It’s all about building the ultimate goodie bag by ensuring the quality, proper packaging and food safety specs are on point. You’ll pack up a tasty box of produce all on an organized timeline to get our product to dinner tables across North America.
- Visually inspect and identify different ripening stages, sizes and classification and pack them accordingly
- Responsible for handling produce carefully to prevent bruising or blemishes of the product
- Cleaning and sanitation of food contact surfaces in the packing area
- Meet quality, food safety & packing standards set out by Packing Supervisors
- Visually inspects produce & packaging for foreign object control
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority
- Weekends and holidays may be required
- Other duties assigned by Supervisors
- Ability to work independently
- General understanding of packinghouse operations and good manufacturing practices
- Produce experience an asset
- Ability to bend and/or twist; stand for extended periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion
- Use hands to peel and stick labels
- Specific vision abilities required to perform jobs
- Monday to Saturday, rotational shifts of Days and Afternoons, or straight Afternoons.
- Refrigerated warehouse, cold conditions.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Note: This position is available full-time only. Candidates must be available six days a week, for up to 60 hours during peak season. Part-time applications will not be considered at this time.
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: August 21, 2018