Pure Hothouse Foods, is a premier grower and marketer of high quality greenhouse grown products to retail and food-service partners throughout North America and marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the development & integration of creative branding & related marketing initiatives for Pure Flavor® and its various brands. This creative individual will brainstorm, plan, design, slice/dice, and implement their creative ideas, but not always in that order. Having a keen eye for smooth lines and colors that engage, the Graphic Designer is digitally savvy and loves to explore the brighter side of everything fresh.
- Develop exceptional out-of-the-box creative ideas to strengthen the Pure Flavor® brand position as it relates to the company’s retail and web presence; proven talent for creating fresh, unique and professional designs
- Lead creative ideation process to ensure the highest creative quality is met for each project for both print & web
- Participate in building the creative branding strategy as it relates to all promotional channels
- Brainstorm, design, and create ads for print & digital; develop website landing pages, email newsletters, social ads
- Create promotional catalogues & sell sheets to support various Sales initiatives for both print and web publication
- Refine & maintain the design process to reflect technical requirements of each delivery platform; ensure brand compliance
- Research & analyze industry trends; maintain knowledge of emerging technologies & creative techniques as it relates to digital & print media
- Participates in the new product development process to ensure a high level of creativity for promotion
- Create & implement various types of content for the Pure Flavor WordPress based website; working knowledge of custom code html/CSS style sheets an asset
- Develop & manage brand themes for packaging materials allowing for maximum flexibility in execution
- Assist with presentations to existing and new clients by participating in or leading creative pitches
- Enforce brand standards for design to ensure quality control for any 3rd party implementation
- Lead photography sessions; product, lifestyle, interactive sessions would be an asset
- Participate in video production projects; editing, color correcting, animation etc.
- Liaise regularly with key agency partners on creative project
- Able to work in a team centric environment; possess analytical skills, result-oriented, composure under pressures
- Efficiently manages project dockets; deeply rooted in the departments Project Management tool on a collaborative level with all members of the team, other departments, and select agency partners
- Other duties as assigned
- College Diploma/University degree in graphic design, new media/creative design, electronic/visual arts, motion graphics
- Graphic design certification an asset
- 5-7+ years’ experience in graphic design, print production, packaging, website CMS, digital marketing, branding; have a strong understanding of latest digital technologies and their capabilities; previous agency experience an asset
- Superior knowledge in all respects of graphics design software including Adobe Creative Cloud and all of its functionality; ability to work on both PC & MAC interchangeably
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; ability to manage a number of projects/multi-task with daily competing priorities and staggered deadlines
- Attention to detail is a must, ability to work autonomously, is flexible, have an impressive portfolio, including original concepts, hands-on design, and branding standards; animation experience a plus
- Conditions typically found in an office setting; role routinely uses standard office equipment
- The employee will need to listen and talk to other employees as well; repeated interaction with other departments
- Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting for prolonged periods required
- Available to work flexible hours; ability and willingness to travel
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: June 11, 2019