Southern Flavor Farms LP, marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand, is a family of greenhouse vegetable growers who share a commitment to bringing A Life of Pure Flavor™ to communities everywhere. Our passion for sustainable greenhouse growing, strong support for our retail & foodservice customers, and focus on engaging consumers is built on a foundation drawn from generations of growing expertise. We are the next generation of vegetable growers, inspired to put quality, flavor, and customers first by providing greenhouse-grown vegetables from our farms that are strategically located throughout North America.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization. We are looking to add a Greenhouse Supervisor to our soon to be completed, state of the art greenhouse in Fort Valley, Georgia.
With safety, efficiency and customer service a priority, the Greenhouse Supervisor monitors and maintains the efficient flow of the overall Greenhouse operation.
- Supervises the winding, suckering, de-leafing, lowering, pruning, inspecting and harvesting of crops
- Ensures all produce is harvested with strict adherence to Food Safety policies and customer specifications
- Responds to events or issues that threaten harvesting, quality as well as the health and safety of the employees
- Ensures that all workers adhere to GMP’s, SOP’s and policies & procedures
- Holds employees accountable to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Trains and communicates with Greenhouse employees as directed by the Labor Manager
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
- 2 – 4 year degree in Horticulture, Agriculture or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a tomatoes greenhouse required
- Prior people-management experience in a greenhouse environment
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP and the PrimusGFS program
- Familiar with horticultural nomenclature
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to train team members and interact with all levels of the organization
- MS Office computer skills; familiarity with Priva software is an asset
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred
- The employee will need to listen and talk to other employees as well
- Available to work flexible hours including regular Saturdays
- Conditions typically found in a greenhouse with high humidity and varying temperatures
- Exerting from 15 – 50 lbs. of force occasionally, 20 lbs. of force frequently and 10 lbs. of force constantly in order to lift and move product
- Bending, stretching, twisting, crouching, grasping, reaching and lifting above shoulders
- Standing, sitting and walking for prolonged periods of time may be required
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status.
Posted on: January 11, 2019