Pure Hothouse Foods is family run business with generations of greenhouse growing experience. Our passion for sustainable growing and strong support for retail has enabled us to become a leader within the fresh produce community.
Our team is dedicated, energetic and ready to make decisions that enable people across North America to live a healthier lifestyle. It isn’t work. It’s a career. And one that has the ability to change lives daily. Sound good? Awesome! It’s time to #FlavorUP!
- Advise and assist employees and management on the interpretation and administration of human resources policies, programs and relevant legislation
- Coach and guide supervisors and managers before executing employee corrective action; manage and track employee corrective action
- Conduct workplace investigations
- Support the performance functions including performance review process, performance improvement plans and update and maintain wage/salary adjustments
- Perform benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting and communicate benefits information to employees
- Support the full-cycle recruitment process for both staff and production level positions including generating job descriptions, posting jobs, screening resumes, scheduling and conducting interviews, coaching hiring managers, and facilitating all on-boarding activities
- Conduct employee training and development initiatives
- Manage various HR projects related to the HR strategy as assigned
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Proactively make recommendations to improve HR operations and value-added business operations
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree/diploma in human resources or a related field is required
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as an HR generalist is required
- At least one year of HR management experience is required
- Proficiency with principles and practices of human resources administration
- Solid knowledge of employment laws and you apply this understanding to advise and assist management and staff
- Proven track record of fostering respectful employee relations; strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style; adaptive to fit a variety of situations
- You can effectively manage multiple priorities and projects; possess the follow-through skills required to drive and complete tasks
- You must possess excellent writing skills for various communications
- You possess a high degree of integrity and always maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Fluency in English and Spanish, verbal and written, required
- Office setting, as well as cold climate warehouse where the temperature averages between 45 – 55 degrees Fahrenheit
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment
- The employee will need to listen and talk to other employees as well
- Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting for prolonged periods required
- Flexible to travel and work evenings and/or weekends as needed
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status.
Posted on: June 21, 2019