The Label Clerk is responsible for preparing and printing product labels.
This position ensures accurate labels are produced and packaging material is monitored, according to company, customer and legislative requirements.
- Receive and process label requests from line leaders and production supervisors; create labels in a timely manner to ensure product delivery deadlines are consistently met
- Monitor quantity and quality of label and packaging material to ensure standards are met; report all food safety concerns to personnel with authority
- Support purchasing department with the control of incoming raw packaging materials
- Investigate and assist in the resolution of label and packaging inventory variances and issues; communicate all variances or quality concerns to personnel with authority
- Prepare packing materials (bags, clamshells, etc.) for approaching production runs
- Record accurately, all lot codes for packaging material and ensure food safety traceability system is consistently followed
- Maintain all computer and label technology, report issues to supervisor or IT department as appropriate
- Ensure compliance for GMPS, SOP’s, policies & procedures
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- High school diploma required; Postsecondary education in a business or administrative discipline or a post graduate certificate preferred
- 2-3 years experience in record management in the produce industry preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, and Food Safety
- Experience with ERP software FAMOUS® preferred
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite software experience is required
- Numeric literacy, math and problem-solving skills required
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related accuracy, as well as consistent follow through skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; provide leadership when needed
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; flexibility required
- This job operates in a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods is required.
Physical Requirements (If applicable):
- Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms.
- The position involves needing to lift up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50pounds.
Pure Flavor® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Protected Veteran, or Disability Status.
Posted on: February 24, 2022