The Label Clerk is responsible for preparing and printing product labels. This position ensures accurate labels are produced and packaging material is monitored, according to company, customer and legislative requirements.
• Receive and process label requests from line leaders and production supervisors; create labels in a timely manner to ensure product delivery deadlines are consistently met
• Monitor quantity and quality of label and packaging material to ensure standards are met; report all food safety concerns to personnel with authority
• Support purchasing department with the control of incoming raw packaging materials
• Investigate and assist in the resolution of label and packaging inventory variances and issues; communicate all variances or quality concerns to personnel with authority
• Prepare packing materials (bags, clamshells, etc.) for approaching production runs
• Record accurately, all lot codes for packaging material and ensure food safety traceability system is consistently followed
• Maintain all computer and label technology, report issues to supervisor or IT department as appropriate
• Ensure compliance for GMPS, SOP’s, policies & procedures
• Other core expectations as defined by the company
• High school diploma required; Post-secondary education in a business or administrative discipline or a post graduate certificate preferred
• 2-3 years experience in record management in the produce industry preferred
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, and Food Safety
• Experience with ERP software FAMOUS® preferred
• Intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite software experience is required
• Numeric literacy, math and problem-solving skills required
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related accuracy, as well as consistent follow-through skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; provide leadership when needed
• Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; Flexibility required
• This job operates in a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
• Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods is required.
• Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms.
• The position involves needing to lift up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Email Address to be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: November 9, 2020