The Line Leader is responsible to supervise a packing crew to ensure they meet all production targets and meet the specified quality & food safety standards.
- Assist supervisors in ensuring employees carry out their work effectively and safely
- Perform pre-operational and post-operational checks and completes records, daily
- Assist supervisors in monitoring the quantity and quality of product to ensure that it is of the required standard
- Monitor the working environment to ensure that company and statutory hygiene, and safety policies and procedures are complied with
- Ensure that product quality both received and shipped is principle
- Assist supervisors to train employees in the packing process to ensure a safe and efficient environment
- Secondary School Education, required; Post-Secondary Education, preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP and the PrimusGFS program
- Strong leadership, computer skills, great communication both written and verbal, problem solving skills, hardworking, self-motivated, positive attitude, level-headed
- Rotational schedule of Days (6:30am – 3:00pm) and Afternoons (3:30pm – Close); straight afternoons available if requested.
- Warehouse where the temperature averages between 45 – 55 degrees Fahrenheit
- On-call and overtime hours including regular Saturdays
Physical Requirements (If applicable):
- Standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping and lifting on a regular basis
- Use of hands to handle or feel product or packaging; and reach with hands and arms
- Walking and lifting less up to 30-pounds occasionally
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Email Address to be directed to:
Posted on: November 21, 2019