The Line Leader role is responsible for ensuring product quality, customer specifications, efficiency and productivity targets are consistently meet on the production line. This role monitors the flow of produce and packaging on the line, order labels and completes documentation to ensure traceability.
- Work directly with the Production Supervisor to ensure an efficient production workflow and production requirements and reworked product consistently match product specifications and customer expectations
- Perform daily pre-operational and post-operational checks and complete corresponding documentation
- Set up the line; ensure the line is adequately supplied with the correct product and labels as indicated by the production board; regularly review to ensure any changes are captured and communicated to workers on the line
- Direct workers tasks; instruct in the correct grading, sorting and packing requirements to ensure company standards are consistently met with the focus of maximizing quality and productivity; support and provide guidance when necessary
- Administrative tasks associated with updating complete jobs and ensure traceability protocols are being followed
- Communicate and address variances, quality issues and concerns with Production Supervisor; help identify the causes and implement sustainable corrective action
- Monitor the working environment to ensure compliance of company and statutory hygiene, good manufacturing practices, food safety, health and safety policies and procedures
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
- High school diploma required; post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum of one (1) years production experience required; leadership role preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, and Food Safety
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a people
- Strong English skills required; understand, read, write and speak; additional languages are an asset
- Good problem solving, dispute resolution, time management, and organizational skills required
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; 1st or 2nd shift available
Physical Requirements (If applicable):
- This job operates within a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; bend; twist; use hands to handle or feel product or packaging; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves walking and lifting, regularly, up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds. Visual requirements.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Email Address to be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: November 10, 2020