Pure Hothouse Foods, is a premier grower and marketer of high quality greenhouse grown products to retail and food-service partners throughout North America and marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization.
To supervise a packing crew to ensure they meet all production targets and meet the specified quality and food safety standards.
- Assist supervisors in ensuring employees carry out their work effectively and safely
- Perform pre-operational and post-operational checks and completes records, daily
- Assist supervisors in monitoring the quantity and quality of product to ensure that it is of the required standard
- Assist supervisors to train employees in the packing process to ensure a safe and efficient environment
- Monitor the working environment to ensure that company and statutory hygiene, and safety policies and procedures are complied with
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority
- Ensure all GMPS, SOP’s and policies and procedures are followed
- Communicate all variances in packaging or quality to proper management immediately
- Ensure product allocation is correct and allocation procedures are followed in FAMOUS
- Ensure that product quality both received and shipped is principle
- Post Secondary Education preferred
- Able to work in a team
- Experience in the produce/agriculture industry is a plus
- Working knowledge of equipment used in repack
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP and the PrimusGFS program
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to read/write in English
- Thorough knowledge of packing process
- Computer skills
- Positive trouble shooting skills
- Able to lift up to 50lbs occasionally
- Able to bend repetitively
- Able to twist repetitively
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Use of hands to peel and stick labels
- Specific vision abilities required to perform jobs
- Cold environment where some heavy lifting is required
- Standing and sitting for an extended amount of time may be required
- The employee will need to listen and talk to other employees
- One week rotations – Days and afternoon shifts
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: August 8, 2019