Pure Hothouse Foods, is a premier grower and marketer of high quality greenhouse grown products to retail and food-service partners throughout North America and marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization.
In collaboration with Sales, Procurement and Operations, the Load Planner is responsible for routing, tracking and tracing freight shipments to ensure customer satisfaction and all inbound and outbound logistics needs are handled efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Develop and maintain an ample and consistent supply of carriers for all company trucking routes
- Negotiate freight rates, contract rates, and volume planning to ensure carrier coverage for FTL and LTL
- Plan seasonality and maximize shipping lanes to deliver on time and the highest quality
- Track carriers and on time deliveries
- Book appointment times, inbound and outbound and review delivery accuracies
- Conduct carrier performance reviews
- Assist in customs paperwork and truck tracking
- Post-secondary education; degree in Logistics or Business preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within the supply chain industry; experience in load planning and customs paperwork
- Must be flexible, adaptable and able to work in a high stress environment
- Candidates should understand the need for urgency while providing outstanding customer service
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills and an ability to prioritize
- Good written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Superior interpersonal, analytical, and planning skills are required
- Demonstrated MS Office skills including Outlook are essential
- Preference will be given to candidates with Famous® software experience
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: May 30, 2019