The Box Machine Operator is responsible for operating the BOIX MPS machine, changing tooling, erecting cartons, and keeping work area clean and free of debris.
- Erect boxes necessary to meet production needs; by hand as necessary
- Monitor the quantity and quality of boxes to ensure that it is of the required standard
- Anticipate the quantities of trays needed for daily packing needs and meets production quotas
- Communicate all variances in packaging or quality concerns to personnel with authority
- Maintain and clean machines and work area
- Perform daily pre-operational and post-operational checks and document
- Comply with SOPs, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) Food Safety, Health and Safety and all company policies and procedures
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent (required); post-secondary education (preferred)
- Minimum one (1) year related experience (required)
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety, and HACCP
- Mechanical aptitude; computer skills; basic mathematical skills required
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively; written and verbal
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; Flexibility required
- This job operates in a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- Physical Requirements (If applicable): Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms
- The position requires the ability to regularly lift up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds
Pure Flavor® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Protected Veteran, or Disability Status.
Posted on: February 24, 2022