Pure Hothouse Foods, is a premier grower and marketer of high quality greenhouse grown products to retail and food-service partners throughout North America and marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization.
The Packaging Coordinator works within the Purchasing Department and how it relates to the negotiating, ordering and managing of the packaging inventories for the entire company. Occasional travel maybe required.
- Count inventory at multiple locations and analyze for order requirements
- Prepare, submit and track purchase orders for packaging, janitorial and other supplies as required
- Prepare and coordinate items for transfer between warehouses
- Review repack entries and verify appropriate packaging is allocated and costs are applied
- Update Product ID’s and packaging recipes as needed
- Follow all traceability protocols and adhere to FIFO principles
- Ensure new and existing packaging suppliers provide all necessary Food Safety documentation and maintain/update database
- Maintain spreadsheet data as directed
- Assist with sourcing and testing of new packaging materials
- Assist in vendor selection, RFQ’s and analysis
- Assist in month end and year end procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Post Secondary Education
- Accounting background or experience (an asset)
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior analytical and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Proficient computer skills in all Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Famous software experience (an asset)
- Knowledge of GMP’s, Health and Food Safety protocols (an asset)
- Valid Passport (an asset)
- Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm), Alternate Saturdays (8am – noon)
- Overtime as required
- Refrigerated environment
- Standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods
- Ability to lift 50LBS
- Shared office setting
*additional/altered hours may be required during the training period.*
- Specific vision capabilities and math skills required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting for prolonged periods required
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: February 25, 2019