The Packaging Coordinator will support the Buyer and the Purchasing Department in vendor negotiations, ordering, and managing the packaging supply inventories. This person will review inventory supplies, perform cost analysis, find efficiencies and ensure minimum and maximum stock levels remain consistent. The Packaging Coordinator will complete proper rotation (FIFO) procedures and support the department by testing new concept packaging. The position will require travel to storage facilities, greenhouse and packhouse operations to provide a level of customer support as it relates to package supplies.
- Assist in negotiating, purchasing, ordering, and managing packaging inventories.
- Complete physical inventory counts of all stocked items twice weekly.
- Analyze cost efficiencies in supply management and inventories.
- Communicate and address variances, quality issues and concerns with relevant departments to help identify the causes and implement sustainable corrective action.
- Assist in securing letters of compliance for food safety from existing packaging suppliers.
- Visit and regularly communicate with growers, to establish and evaluate their packaging needs; review quality and inventory on hand.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients and vendors.
- Administrative duties; collecting information, data input.
- Other core expectations as defined by the company.
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- Post-secondary education, required; degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain management or a related field, preferred.
- A minimum of three years of previous inventory, purchasing experience, required; experience in the produce/agriculture industry, preferred.
- Working computer and software knowledge, required; proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), required
- Superior interpersonal, analytical, and planning skills.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP and the PrimusGFS program; FAMOUS software knowledge, preferred.
- Capacity to engage with suppliers and build relationships to create win-win partnerships.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related accuracy, as well as consistent follow-through skills.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills are essential; results-oriented with a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workflow.
- Sound decision-making skills and ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Understand the need for urgency while providing outstanding customer service.
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; willingness and ability to travel, must have a valid passport with no restrictions.
- Conditions typically found in an office setting with occasional duties within a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- Role requires the ability to listen and speak to other employees.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting for prolonged periods is required.
- The position involves needing to lift up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds.
Pure Flavor® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Protected Veteran, or Disability Status.
Posted on: October 12, 2022