The Packaging Engineer will lead all New Product Development (NPD) projects as well as technical revisions for current Packaging items, providing technical expertise on pack/ delivery format, material selection, functionality, and testing of critical quality attributes. This position is responsible for leading packaging development activities and approval of packaging components.
- Lead all NPD activities and Packaging component updates.
- Research new and upcoming packaging concepts and provide options back to the business.
- Work closely with Sales to understand Customer requests and bring ideation to life.
- Provide dielines for artwork updates to Marketing and liaise between Marketing and Suppliers for NPD and updates.
- Co-ordinate all testing of new Packaging concepts including Shelf Life Studies, Production Trials and Field Trials; working with Engineering.
- Work closely with Engineering and Production to understand requirements/limitations of equipment.
- Address quality issues and concerns with relevant departments to help identify the root cause and implement sustainable corrective action.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients and vendors.
- Routinely meet and communicate with vendors to ensure product quality meets company expectations.
- Maintain a product specification database for all packaging components.
- Other expectations as defined by the company.
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- Engineering degree or college diploma in a production/packaging related field.
- A minimum of three years industry experience in the development of packaging components or materials; experience in the produce/agriculture industry or CPG is ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve technical or related packaging issues, lead and complete projects.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety and HACCP program are preferred.
- CAD experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related accuracy, as well as consistent follow-through skills.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills are essential; results oriented with a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workflow.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- Sound decision making skills and able to work in a high stress environment.
- Understand the need for urgency while providing outstanding customer service.
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; willingness and ability to travel, must have a valid passport with no restrictions.
- Conditions typically found in an office setting with occasional duties within a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F or in a greenhouse where temperatures range from 90-100°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- Role requires the ability to listen and speak to other employees.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting for prolonged periods is required.
- The position may involve needing to lift up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds.
Pure Flavor® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Protected Veteran, or Disability Status.
Posted on: October 12, 2022