Southern Flavor Farms LP, marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand, is a family of greenhouse vegetable growers who share a commitment to bringing A Life of Pure Flavor™ to communities everywhere. Our passion for sustainable greenhouse growing, strong support for our retail & foodservice customers, and focus on engaging consumers is built on a foundation drawn from generations of growing expertise. We are the next generation of vegetable growers, inspired to put quality, flavor, and customers first by providing greenhouse-grown vegetables from our farms that are strategically located throughout North America.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization. We are looking to add a Food Safety Coordinator to our soon to be completed, state of the art greenhouse in Fort Valley, Georgia.
The Production Manager, under the direction of the General Manager, develops and manages the packaging of fresh produce ensuring the department meets production targets as well as quality & food safety standards.
- Oversee the production department managing productivity, cost controls, waste reduction, and overall department efficiencies
- Establish and implement SOPs and the production schedule for the department
- Implement best practices and follow lean manufacturing principles
- Develop, maintain and review all necessary packing records and responsible to maintain department KPI’s
- Monitor the quantity and quality of product to ensure that it is of the required standard
- Provide effective and timely coaching, training and corrective action guidance as well as performance management to department supervisors
- Develop and monitor staffing levels
- Responsible for the department’s safe working environment; ensuring that company and statutory hygiene, housekeeping and safety policies and procedures are complied with
- In collaboration with the Food Safety team, ensure department training, compliance and enforcement of all company policies for food safety, GMPs, SOPs, and HACCP
- In partnership with the HR team, ensure department training, compliance and enforcement of all company as well as local, state and federal laws
- Post secondary education is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of high volume, production department management experience is required; experience in a fresh produce packing/production environment is ideal
- First Aid/CPR Certification is preferred
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining department efficiencies
- Thorough knowledge of packaging and/or packing processes is essential
- Continuous improvement experience including working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Demonstrated experience with Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety and Food Safety
- Experience with the primusGFS program is preferred
- Must have a high energy and proactive management style of leadership
- Strong communication skills (oral & written); must be able to present information both verbally and in writing to executive leadership
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure as well as manage time and priority plan effectively
- High computer literacy in MS Office applications including Outlook and Excel is required
- Available for after hours support; some overtime during peak volume periods may be required
- Available to work holidays during peak volume periods may be required
- Cold warehouse environment
- Some heavy lifting up to 50lbs. on occasion is required
- Standing, walking and sitting for an extended amount of time may be required
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to Pure Hothouse Foods today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status.
Posted on: May 22, 2019