Pure Hothouse Foods is family run business with generations of greenhouse growing experience. Our passion for sustainable growing and strong support for retail has enabled us to become a leader within the fresh produce community.
Our team is dedicated, energetic and ready to make decisions that enable people across North America to live a healthier lifestyle. It isn’t work. It’s a career. And one that has the ability to change lives daily. Sound good? Awesome! It’s time to #FlavorUP!
The Production Supervisor leads a packing crew ensuring they meet all production targets and the specified quality & food safety standards.
- Supervise employees to ensure they carry out their work effectively and safely
- Monitor the quantity and quality of product to ensure that it is of the required standard
- Ensure all produce to be packed is sufficient to meet production requirements
- Monitor staffing levels and make any necessary adjustments
- Train employees in the packing process and maintain a safe and efficient environment
- Monitor the working environment to ensure that company and statutory hygiene, and safety policies and procedures are complied with
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority
- Maintain and review all necessary packing records
- Maintain inspection of labeling and packaging specifications
- Coach, motivate, train and when necessary, discipline employees
- Schedule daily activities of packaging department
- Ensure all GMPS, SOP’s and policies & procedures are followed
- Communicate all variances in packaging or quality to proper management immediately
- Ensure product allocation is correct and allocation procedures are followed in FAMOUS
- Ensure that product quality both received and shipped is principle
- Post secondary education preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience in a production or packing environment, preferably in the food industry
- First Aid/CPR certification an asset
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Health and Safety
- Experience with Food Safety and the primusGFS program is ideal
- Supervisory skills (coaching, leadership, conflict resolution skills, etc.)
- Hands on experience supervising a diverse team of at least 30 people
- Strong communication skills (oral & written)
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Cold, warehouse environment where the temperature averages 45-55 degrees Fahrenheit
- Some occasional heavy lifting, up to 50lbs., is required
- Standing, walking and sitting for an extended period of time may be required
- Available to work flexible hours including occasional overtime during peak volume periods as well as holidays
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status.
Posted on: May 22, 2019