Pure Hothouse Foods, is a premier grower and marketer of high quality greenhouse grown products to retail and food-service partners throughout North America and marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization.
Under the Supervision of the Receiving Supervisor, assess and report on the quality of all vegetables received, in inventory and shipped from the facility. Ensure that all products shipped meet or exceed customer and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all loads of vegetables arriving throughout the through put processes are visually inspected
- Complete QC Inspection Reports for each arriving load
- Complete QC Inspection Reports for distressed loads, or any load we deem necessary
- Ensure all inventory is assessed and is categorized according to its quality and condition
- In the absence of the Receiving Supervisor, liaise with the shipping department and repack department & Director of Food Safety concerning any quality issues to be dealt with
- In the absence of the Receiving Supervisor, liaise with Sales Department on all quality issues, as well as report on general quality
- Ensure all proper food handling procedures and systems are being followed
- Ensure all aspects of “Food Safety” and “Health and Safety” are in compliance, within the scope of their activities
- Place and release quarantine / on-hold product
- Conduct outgoing quality checks and / or review the checks conducted by the shippers
- Perform outbound inspections on shipments
- Training on grading product customer specs on the repack lines, when requested or applicable
- Educate packing staff on required standards, when requested or where applicable
- Full understanding of customer specifications and requirements
- Regularly inspect finished product and packaging for adherence to standards, when requested or applicable
- Strong understanding of produce quality standards for cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and lettuce
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work closely with other receivers as a team, in a professional manner
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with other departments in order to meet production and logistic requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Outlook
- Monday to Saturday - One-week rotations (Days/afternoons)
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where temperature averages 50-55 degrees Fahrenheit
- The job will entail 70% warehouse work and 30% office work
- Capable of lifting up to 23kg/50lbs.
- Capable of climbing up and down a ladder
- Position requires standing, bending, climbing, walking and lifting on a regular basis.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: June 14, 2018