Pure Hothouse Foods, is a premier grower and marketer of high quality greenhouse grown products to retail and food-service partners throughout North America and marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization.
The Shipper/Forklift Operator is responsible to ship, and record the movement of produce, supplies and stock to and from the warehouse.
- Collect and stage orders and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, PO #'s or pick ticket orders to verify accuracy
- Operate a sit-down forklift to unload and load trucks
- Conduct daily equipment inspections
- Keep a proper rotation in coolers with lot codes using the FIFO system
- Perform duties in compliance with food safety and health & safety guidelines
- Minimum of 6 months' experience on a sit-down forklift or electric hand jack
- Previous experience in a produce packing/warehouse or comparable environment is preferred
- Attention to detail even under tight deadlines
- Basic math skills; addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Must have safe driving skills
- Must have excellent attendance and a good work ethic
- Must have good English reading and writing skills
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse where temperature averages 45-55 degrees Fahrenheit
- Capable of lifting up to 23kg/50lbs
- Positions requires repetitive sitting, walking, bending, and lifting
- Monday to Saturday with one week rotations of days (7:00 am - 4:00 pm) and afternoons (2:00 pm - close)
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: June 14, 2018