The Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for accurate data entry of all product moving in and out of the distribution centre. The position tracks product through the shipping/receiving process and ensures food safety compliance and product traceability measures are consistently met.
- Data entry; record product input and output in FAMOUS®
- Monitor FAMOUS® continually for changes and new orders, print pick tickets
- Investigate variances, resolve discrepancies and complete revisions; report to personnel with authority
- Ensure pick tickets and paperwork are accurately completed and attached to proper BOL’s, including pick tickets and place in the correct order
- Distribute tallies and pick tickets; make copies of tallies, attaching corresponding pick tickets and posting on shipping board as trucks arrive
- Act as a point of contact for drivers; provide accurate paperwork before load is released, track and report concern about trailer, equipment or product shortage
- Partner with Supervisor and Quality Department to assist in receiving product
- Review customs documentation and communicate with customs brokers
- Ensure compliance for GMPS, SOP’s, policies, and procedures
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
- High school diploma required; Post-secondary education in a business discipline or a post graduate certificate preferred
- 2-3 years experience in record management in the produce industry preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, and Food Safety
- Experience with ERP software FAMOUS® preferred
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite software experience is required
- Numeric literacy, math and problem-solving skills required
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related accuracy, as well as consistent follow-through skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; provide leadership when needed
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; flexibility required
- This job operates in a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods is required.
- Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms.
- The position involves needing to lift up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Email Address to be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: November 9, 2020