The Shipping Supervisor oversees the day to day shipping operations and staff to ensure timely and efficient workflow. This role is responsible for ensuring productivity targets, health, quality, and food safety standards meet company standards. It is the responsibility of the Shipping Supervisor to lead a team of workers, oversee employee issues and concerns, provide training, and manage performance.
- Provide leadership to the Shipping team with respect to performance management, scheduling, employee relations, awareness of business context/profitability as well as training/development of staff members
- Ensure delivery of the Shipping team’s goals and objectives by establishing clearly defined quality methods for staff members to apply
- Communicate and address packaging variances, quality issues and concerns with relevant departments to help identify the causes and implement sustainable corrective action
- Monitor the working environment to ensure that company and statutory hygiene, and safety policies and procedures are complied with
- Maintain and review all necessary packing records and logs
- Inspect package labeling and ensure specifications meet customer and company guidelines
- Ensure product allocation is correct and allocation procedures are followed in the database system
- Plan, assign and supervise day to day tasks for Shipping team
- Ensure Receiving, Shipping & Production departments work together to fill orders in a timely fashion Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information, as well as other company data, including personnel information
- Create required reports and provided statistical information on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity, quality, delivery and budget objectives are met
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
- Secondary school education required; post-secondary education Business Administration or related discipline preferred
- 2-3 years experience in shipping or shipping administration required; ideally in a GMP environment; Quality certifications considered an asset
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, and Food Safety
- Strong knowledge of legislative requirements to maintain compliance to all relevant statues and guiding principles
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of ERP software; Famous® software experience, preferred
- Able to work in a team environment with individuals of all leadership styles, personalities, and career levels
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills • Commitment to high professional and ethical standards
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related accuracy, as well as consistent follow-through skills
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; ability and willingness to travel
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. Moderate work in a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods is required.
- Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms.
- The position requires the ability to regularly lift up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds.
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Email Address to be directed to: email@example.com
Posted on: February 12, 2021