Pure Hothouse Foods is family run business with generations of greenhouse growing experience. Our passion for sustainable growing and strong support for retail has enabled us to become a leader within the fresh produce community.
Our team is dedicated, energetic and ready to make decisions that enable people across North America to live a healthier lifestyle. It isn’t work. It’s a career. And one that has the ability to change lives daily. Sound good? Awesome! It’s time to #FlavorUP!
The Stand-up Forklift Operator is responsible to ship, and record the movement of produce, supplies and stock to and from the warehouse. Responsible for safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and maintain facilities equipment in a neat, clean, and orderly manner.
- Collect and stage orders and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, PO #'s or pick ticket orders to verify accuracy
- Keep a proper rotation in coolers with lot codes using the FIFO system
- Responsible for manufacturing, distributing and consistently maintaining safe and quality food by following good manufacturing practices, food defense, HACCP and SQF requirements
- Completes daily forklift maintenance/check sheet
- Puts away palletized units by raising forks for placement into three or four high racks
- Picks palletized units out of two to four high rack locations and stages for outbound shipment
- Responsible for the accurate use of computerized radio control hand-held scanning equipment
- Responsible for the proper care of computerized radio control hand-held scanning equipment
- Responsible for immediately reporting all food safety and quality issues to department manager
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills
- 1 year of experience on stand-up forklift and reach truck
- Forklift driving experience and knowledge of safe forklift operation
- Previous experience in a produce packing/warehouse or comparable environment is preferred
- Attention to detail even under tight deadlines
- Basic math skills; addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Must have safe driving skills
- Must have excellent attendance and a good work ethic
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse where temperature averages 45-55 degrees Fahrenheit
- Capable of lifting up to 23kg/50lbs
- Position requires repetitive standing, walking, bending, and lifting
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery
- Refrigerated work environment
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud
- Must be willing and able to work nights and weekends
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status.