Pure Hothouse Foods, located in Leamington, ON is family run business with generations of greenhouse growing experience. Our passion for sustainable growing and strong support for retail has enabled us to become a leader within the fresh produce community.
Our team is dedicated, energetic and ready to make decisions that enable people across North America to live a healthier lifestyle. It isn’t work. It’s a career. And one that has the ability to change lives daily. Sound good? Awesome! It’s time to #FlavorUP!
The Up/Down Forklift operator is responsible for pulling correct product from the coolers, and transporting the product to the second floor using the forklift. This individual would also be responsible for bringing product, or equipment down to the main floor.
- Supply and retrieve raw material for packing purposes making sure of proper rotation in stock
- Remove all waste from packing area by using dump bins and supply empty bins to be filled
- Maintain a clean area at up/down station
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority
- Other duties assigned by Supervisors
- Ability to work independently
- General understanding of good manufacturing practices
- Food Safety & Health & Safety Knowledge
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP and the PrimusGFS program
- Fork Lift Certificate
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Able to lift 30 lbs
- Able to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse where temperature averages 45-55 degrees Fahrenheit
- Capable of lifting up to 23kg/50lbs
- Positions requires repetitive sitting, walking, bending, and lifting
- Monday to Saturday with one week rotations of days (7:00 am - 4:00 pm) and afternoons (2:00 pm - close)
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: September 20, 2018