The Vice President of Finance will oversee the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s Accounting and Financial Analysis departments. The V.P. of Finance will provide strategic direction and will be responsible for the development of the long-term financial objectives of the Company and alignment to the Company’s goals.
- Direct, plan, develop, organize, implement, and evaluate the company’s fiscal function and performance. Oversee all financial results, profitability, capital expenditures, tax planning, ensuring compliance with all federal, provincial/state, local, payroll, and property taxes for all countries in which the company operates. Accountable for all aspects of accounting operations.
- Analyze the company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to executive management.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting including quarterly and annual reports. Ensure that all records are properly maintained.
- Ensure compliance with all reporting and tax filings.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; (i.e. evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and investments).
- Maintain a system of internal controls and review to ensure accuracy, completeness, existence and validity of all accounting transactions.
- Develop and manage all relationships with lending/financial institutions, insurance providers, external auditors and other applicable parties.
- Manage cash flow.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Maintain knowledge of developments and trends in finance including technological advances.
- Build the accounting department as the company grows.
- Other finance and accounting duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. CPA designation is preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in a manufacturing or food processing environment
- Senior finance experience in a mid to large sized entity
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills for forecasting, consolidation of data and financial analysis
- Must be an influential leader with a collaborative management style and ability to motivate others, fostering an environment of continuous improvement
- Must possess the drive and energy to fit into a fast-paced, high-growth culture with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Analytical thinker; able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly, meet deadlines and possess tremendous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate financial information from one-on-one to large audience settings
- Act as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the company may enter.
- PC proficiency including advanced MS Office computer skills and demonstrated ability to produce presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, and charts
- Work environment with conditions typically found in an office setting
- Available to work flexible hours
Physical Requirements (If applicable):
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment
- The employee will need to listen and talk to other employees as well
- Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting for prolonged periods required
- Standing and walking for prolonged periods of time may be required
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to Pure Hothouse Foods today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: November 20, 2019