Southern Flavor Farms LP, marketed under the Pure Flavor® brand, is a family of greenhouse vegetable growers who share a commitment to bringing A Life of Pure Flavor™ to communities everywhere. Our passion for sustainable greenhouse growing, strong support for our retail & foodservice customers, and focus on engaging consumers is built on a foundation drawn from generations of growing expertise. We are the next generation of vegetable growers, inspired to put quality, flavor, and customers first by providing greenhouse-grown vegetables from our farms that are strategically located throughout North America.
With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers in our progressive, vibrant organization. We are looking to add a Food Safety Coordinator to our soon to be completed, state of the art greenhouse in Fort Valley, Georgia.
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Warehouse Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the shipping, receiving, inventory control and quality operations of the Distribution Center. This includes overseeing the daily operations of the departments, ensuring that they are operated efficiently, with adequate resources to fulfill order requirements and meet quality and food safety standards.
- Implement policies, procedures, and organizational structure for the shipping, receiving, inventory control and quality departments within the framework of corporate policies
- Assist in the establishment of short-term and long-term operational goals that fit within the overall corporate objectives
- Establish and implement SOPs and the shipping/receiving schedule for the departments
- Develop, maintain and review shipping/receiving, inventory and quality control records
- Provide effective and timely coaching, training and corrective action guidance as well as performance management to department supervisors
- Develop and monitor staffing levels
- Responsible for the departments’ safe working environments; ensuring that company and statutory hygiene, housekeeping and safety policies and procedures are complied with
- In collaboration with the Food Safety team, ensure department training, compliance and enforcement of all company policies for food safety, SOPs, and HACCP
- In partnership with the HR team, ensure department training, compliance and enforcement of all company as well as local, state and federal laws
- Post secondary education, ideally in logistics or supply chain management or business administration is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of warehouse management experience is required; experience in the produce industry is preferred
- First Aid/CPR Certification is preferred
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining department efficiencies
- Thorough knowledge of warehouse management processes is essential
- Demonstrated experience with Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety and Food Safety
- Experience with the PrimusGFS Program is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; must be able to present information both verbally and in writing to executive leadership
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and projects
- Excellent people manager; demonstrated interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Able to look at situations from several points of view
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented and able to work independently without direct supervision
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure as well as manage time and priority plan effectively
- High computer literacy in MS Office applications including Outlook and Excel is required
- Available for after hours support; some overtime may be required during peak volume periods
- Some travel may be required
- Available to work holidays during peak volume periods
- Cold warehouse environment
- Exerting from 15 – 50 lbs. of force occasionally, 20 lbs. of force frequently and 10 lbs. of force constantly in order to lift and move product
- Bending, stretching, twisting, crouching, grasping, reaching and lifting above shoulders
- Standing, sitting and walking for prolonged periods of time may be required
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to Pure Hothouse Foods today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status.
Posted on: May 22, 2019