The Warehouse Supervisor plans, directs, and coordinates the shipping, receiving and operations of the distribution center. This includes overseeing the daily operations of the departments, ensuring that they are operated efficiently, with adequate resources to fulfill order requirements and meet quality and food safety standards.
• Provide leadership to the Warehouse team with respect to performance management, scheduling, employee relations, awareness of business context/profitability as well as training/development of staff members
• Assist in the delivery of team’s goals and objectives by establishing clearly defined quality methods for staff members to apply
• Monitor employee compliance to policies, procedures, and organizational structure for the shipping, receiving, inventory control and quality departments within the framework of corporate expectations
• Responsible for the departments’ safe working environments; ensuring that company and statutory hygiene, housekeeping and safety policies and procedures are complied with
• Adhere to SOPs and the shipping/receiving schedule for the departments
• Maintain and review shipping/receiving, inventory and quality control records
• Other core expectations as defined by the company
• Secondary school education required; post-secondary education Business Administration or related discipline preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of warehouse, shipping and receiving experience required; ideally in a GMP environment
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, and Food Safety
• Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of ERP software; Famous® software experience, preferred.
• Able to work in a team environment with individuals of all leadership styles, personalities, and career levels.
• Strong knowledge of legislative requirements to maintain compliance to all relevant statues and guiding principles
• Proven ability to lead and motivate a team
• Excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills
• Commitment to high professional and ethical standards
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related accuracy, as well as consistent follow-through skills.
• Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; flexibility is required; ability and willingness to travel.
• This job operates in a clerical, office setting. Moderate work in a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
• Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods is required.
• Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms.
• The position requires the ability to regularly lift up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Email Address to be directed to: email@example.com
Posted on: November 9, 2020