This week is Georgia Agriculture Awareness Week, a time to celebrate the farmers and food that make Georgia’s top industry so diverse and abundant. From peaches to peanuts, Georgia produces some of the best-tasting fresh food that North America has to offer, including delicious tomatoes and cucumbers grown in Pure Flavor® state-of-the-art greenhouses.
That’s right, Pure Flavor® is proud to grow Georgia Grown produce in the heart of the state, Peach County, Georgia, a region known throughout the world for growing the highest quality fruits & vegetables.
We are the next generation of vegetable growers, and when we broke ground in the red Georgia clay back in 2017, we invested in the most innovative greenhouse ever built in the state. Throughout the southeastern United States, millions of families now get to enjoy their favorite healthy snacks and meals year-round because of the advanced technology that allows us to grow in all seasons.
Growing in a greenhouse means we can control the climate, irrigation, plant nutrition, and lighting to create optimal conditions for our plants. All these practices help us grow sustainably so we can ensure a steady supply of nutritious food to families throughout the region because everyone should get to taste that classic Georgia Grown flavor!
Most importantly, growing in a greenhouse means we can deliver on our promise of quality and flavor. Our Georgia Grown Tomatoes On-the-Vine are picked ripe and red from the vine when they are at their peak of sweetness, and our Long English Cucumbers are crisp and crunchy with thin skins that don’t need peeling. That’s the kind of quality you can count on 365 days a year! Once harvested, our produce is packed fresh at our nearby distribution center and shipped out within hours to your local grocery store.
We’re proud to grow in Peach County and to be a part of Georgia’s rich community, which has welcomed us from the very start. It’s our mission to provide the best quality produce to our customers while also giving back to the community that has supported us. As a part of our Adopt-a-School program, we’ve given back to the people of Peach County through regular school donations to make sure every single family has the fresh veggies they need to live A Life of Pure Flavor®.
Join us in celebrating Georgia Agriculture Awareness Week and support local growers throughout the state who put quality first. The best way to celebrate is to look for the Georgia Grown label when you shop for fresh produce.
Taste the difference that the Georgia Grown label represents and try fresh and healthy Pure Flavor® Tomatoes-on-the-Vine or Long English Cucumbers in creative, new recipes today. Whether you’re looking for cozy comfort food or a simple snack, we have a recipe for you. Here are some examples of recipes that taste great because they’re made with Georgia Grown produce:
- Cheesy Baked Pasta: A hearty and cheesy pasta bake with our Georgia Grown Tomatoes On-the-Vine, mozzarella cheese, and delicious Italian herbs
- Cucumber Avocado Sandwich: A refreshing and healthy sandwich with mashed avocado, creamy goat cheese, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and Georgia Grown Long English Cucumbers
- Tomato Lentil Dal: A creamy and flavorful Indian-inspired dish with our Tomatoes On-the-Vine, hearty lentils, coconut milk, and classic Indian spices
- Cucumber Chickpea Mini Pizzas: A fun and easy snack or appetizer with mini pitas topped with hummus, our cucumbers, and chickpeas
- Mediterranean Hummus Toast: A crunchy and satisfying gourmet toast with hummus, Long English Cucumbers, Tomatoes On-the-Vine, feta cheese, and za’atar seasoning
- Pesto Burger with Tomatoes On-the-Vine: A juicy and delicious burger with pesto sauce, mozzarella cheese, and fresh Georgia Grown tomatoes
- Spicy Beef and Cucumbers: A savory and spicy stir-fry with beef strips, cucumbers, chili peppers, and soy sauce
- Bruschetta Toast: A classic Italian appetizer with toasted bread topped with our Tomatoes On-the-Vine and a savory combination of garlic, basil, and balsamic vinegar
You can find more recipes on our website or follow us on social media for more inspiration. We hope you enjoy cooking with our Georgia Grown produce as much as we enjoy growing them for you. Thank you for choosing Pure Flavor® and supporting Georgia agriculture!
For more information on fresh Georgia Grown greenhouse veggies, visit here, and don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter.