- For the burger:
- 1 lb Pure Flavor® Chocolate Rose Brown Beefsteak Tomatoes, sliced
- 4 turkey burger patties
- 4 brioche buns, warmed
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, smashed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the beefsteak chili jam:
- 1 lb Pure Flavor® Chocolate Rose Brown Beefsteak Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large banana chilies, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 tbsp salt
To make the jam, combine tomatoes, wine, vinegar, salt, sugar and water in a medium saucepan and cook on medium low heat for 30 minutes or until thickened.
In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add turkey burger patties and cook until golden brown on each side, about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir lemon, green onions, and cilantro into avocado. Season well with salt and pepper.
To serve, spread jam over the base of the bun. Next, place the burger followed by the cheese. Top with the sliced tomato, and then spread the top of the bun with the avocado mix.
Write a Review
American Chocolate Rose Brown Grape Tomatoes Chocolate Rose Grape Tomatoes Comfort Food Dinner Dinner Recipes Easy Dinner Ideas Easy Meal Ideas Entrée Family Fresh Fresh Tomato Recipes Healthy Healthy Dinner Ideas Hearty Lunch Main Courses Meal Meat Nut Free Poultry Protein Quick Savory Simple Dinners Tomato Recipes Tomatoes Turkey