- For the Romesco Sauce:
- 1 dry pint Pure Flavor® Cloud 9® Bite-Sized Fruity Tomatoes
- 1 roasted Pure Flavor® Sweet Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- ½ cup panko or homemade breadcrumbs
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- ⅓ cup good olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt to taste
- For the Pickled Shallots:
- 4 large shallots, peeled whole and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp grenadine
- ¼ tsp salt
- For the Salad:
- ½ dry pint Cloud 9® Bite-Sized Fruity Tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs
- 8 chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 asparagus spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6-8 breakfast radishes, thinly sliced
- 8 oz baby bib lettuce leaves, whole
- 1 lemon
- 6-8 sugar snap peas, sliced on a bias
- 2 tbsp pickled shallots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional: ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
For romesco sauce, place tomatoes on a baking sheet and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place under a heated oven broiler until tomatoes are blistered and broken down. Allow 10 minutes to cool.
Gather all other ingredients besides olive oil into a food processor bowl, add cooled tomatoes, and pulse on high until a thick paste is reached. With the food processor running, slowly stream in olive oil and taste for seasoning.
In a medium pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add trimmed asparagus and whole snap peas and cook for 15-30 seconds, then immediately put in ice water to seal the green color, set aside.
Cook your eggs as desired, sunny side up or poached eggs are recommended.
Place washed greens, tomatoes, asparagus, snap peas, chives, and radish slices in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and juice from half of a lemon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss lightly.
In your serving bowl, add a dollop of tomato romesco to the side of the bowl. Carefully arrange your dressed salad to the side of the romesco sauce, and top with your egg and crumbled cheese if using, enjoy!
Adjust spice level to your liking, if you can handle the heat, add ¼ -½ tsp of chili flakes to the romesco. Remember though, you can always add more, but you can’t take it away, so add a little to start, then go from there.
Recipe created by Chef Alyssa Price
Write a Review
Breakfast Chef Cloud 9 Dinner Fresh Tomato Recipes Grape Tomato Grape Tomatoes Healthy Hearty Hispanic Lunch Salad Recipes Tomato Recipes Tomato Salad