- 3 Pure Flavor® Red Sweet Bell Peppers, cleaned & halved
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided in half
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400º F. Place peppers on a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over them. Rub oil into peppers before putting them into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove peppers from baking sheet and pile them so they fit under a glass or metal bowl. Let them steam for 10-15 minutes – this will make them easier to peel. Peel skins off peppers and put them into the blender.
Add beans, basil, cheese, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to the blender. Blend until pureed and smooth. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.