- 2 dry pints Pure Flavor® Sangria® Medley Tomatoes
- 4 pre-made flatbreads, cut to make 8 halves
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella ball, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup olive oil + extra for grill
- 4 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 large bunch fresh basil leaves, whole & thinly sliced
- 1 tsp grated parmesan
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Spring greens, for garnish
Arrange tomatoes in a skillet, then add 8 whole basil leaves and garlic cloves. Drizzle with ¼ cup of oil and season to taste. Cover with foil and bake on the middle rack at 350°F for 40 minutes.
Add 8 tbsp of cooking liquid and 1 clove of garlic from the skillet, along with the parmesan and dried basil to a blender. Pulse until the mixture is creamy.
On one half of the flatbreads, spread ¼ of the pesto, tomatoes, sliced and shredded mozzarella, and sliced basil. Spread the garlic parmesan sauce on the other flatbread and place sauce side down over the tomatoes to form a sandwich. Set griddle to sear and brush with olive oil. Grill sandwich until golden brown. Serve with spring greens and the rest of the roasted tomatoes on the side.