The AZ Driver is responsible for ensuring safe local, pick-up and delivery of fresh produce and packaging supplies to Pure Hothouse Foods distribution centers.
- Local and cross border deliveries and pickups between growers, suppliers, and customers
- Complete required paperwork, circle checks, hour logbooks, truck cleaning checks
- Accurately complete paperwork and maintain records
- Load and unload goods using forklift or manual hand jack occasionally
- Report all equipment and mechanical issues to Warehouse Manager
- Present a professional and respectful manner with customers, vendors, and growers; customer service skills
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent required
- Current AZ Driver Licence and a clean driver abstract, required
- Minimum three (3) years experience AZ driving, preferred
- Valid Passport required, must be able to legally cross the US-Canada border without restrictions; FAST pass preferred
- Knowledge of regulations governing truck transportation, including record keeping requirements
- Commitment to adhere to all security and safety procedures
- Excellent driving skills and the ability to show good judgement
- Ability to remain focused for extended periods of time and react quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to operate a manual hand jack and a forklift
- Proficient in English communication; oral, written and reading
- Steel toed shoes, required
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; must be flexible.
- Work inside an enclosed vehicle while driving and exposed to varying outdoor conditions and weather while loading and unloading truck.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud due driving conditions, packaging machinery and forklift truck operation during loading and unloading.
- The position involves lifting regularly up to 50-pounds and the ability to sit for prolong periods of time.
- Exposure to fluctuating and extreme temperature changes that can be seen in a refrigerated environment that range from 45-55°F.
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: February 11, 2022