The Inventory and Allocation Clerk compares inventories to office records, and computes figures from records, such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory levels. This position is responsible for the allocation of products to accurately fill customer sales requests.
- Match quantity of packaged and raw products and verify against printed inventory by physical counts
- Investigate and solve inventory variances and issues
- Monitor communication from the commodity department, and regularly review the production to ensure product
- Communicate with production supervisors, and production scheduler about allocations and changing priorities to ensure delivery deadlines are consistently met
- Map and accurately mark product in coolers; ensure accurate location of the product as indicated by the production
- board or commodity department
- Communicate with forklift drivers that are pulling products; aid them in finding all allocated product
- Correctly mark product to indicate the sequence of product to be delivered to the production floor
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- High school diploma required; Post-secondary education in a business discipline or a post-graduate certificate
- 2-3 years experience in record management in the produce industry preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, and Food Safety
- Experience with ERP software FAMOUS® preferred
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite software experience is required
- Numeric literacy, math, and problem-solving skills required
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related
- accuracy, as well as consistent follow-through skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; provide leadership when needed
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; flexibility required; ability and willingness to travel for training; must hold a valid passport with no travel restrictions
- This job operates in a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Specific vision capabilities are required; the employee is to work in front of a computer, and sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods is required.
- Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms.
- The position will involve needing to lift up to 30 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: January 26, 2023