The Document Technician – Repack is to perform any and all data entry functions as determined by the production department. This individual is responsible for a wide variety of duties including but not limited to this job description.
- Record time studies for jobs being completed by Repack crew
- Make all inputs and outputs on FAMOUS® for every job being produced
- Retrieve FAMOUS tags from every pallet and record on proper repack sheet
- match the PO # with all orders being produced and write customer information (PO, destination, commodity and quantity) on pink or orange Pure Flavor® labels
- When jobs are completed tag back any remaining product properly and record on repack sheets to maintain proper inventory
- Check FAMOUS system continuously for new orders coming in and recording them on production board
- Properly record all lot codes for any packaging material being used for each job to maintain food safety traceability
- Assist the production supervisor with all clerical duties
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned due to company needs
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- Post Secondary Education in a Business discipline or a Post Graduate Certificate
- 2-3 years experience in record management preferred
- Knowledge of FDA standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP and the PrimusGFS program
- Computer Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to multi tasks and experience in produce industry
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority
- Ability to work alone and as a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; ability and willingness to travel
- This job operates in a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods is required
Physical Requirements (If applicable):
- Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms.
- The position may involve needing to lift up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds
Pure Flavor® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Protected Veteran, or Disability Status.
Posted on: February 24, 2022