The Hand/ Pallet Jack Operator is responsible for the safe operating and managing of industrial equipment to load, unload and move product and packaging, from storage areas, machines and loading docks. The prime function of the role is to support the supply chain through locating and moving stock of product, packaging materials and pallets from storage areas to the production floor.
- Operate pallet/hand truck, to stage, count, sort and move shipments of product and packaging material
- Ensure a constant supply of product to the production floor; check quality and condition of product and packaging; rotate and organize inventory per company procedures, using FIFO method
- Communicate frequently with Production Supervisor, report quality issues, damage, shortages of product or packaging
- Maintain a clean work area; remove empty and damage pallets, wood, and plastic
- Daily inspection of assigned material handling equipment; report damages or mechanical issues to personnel with authority
- Remove all waste from packing area by using dump bins and supply empty bins to be filled
- Comply with SOPs, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Food Safety, Health and Safety, and company policies and procedures; ensure standards consistently meet expectations
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum one (1) year material handling or related experience preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Commitment to adhere to all security and safety procedures; excellent driving skills and the ability to show good judgement
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related accuracy, as well as consistent follow-through skills
- Ability to remain focused for extended periods of time and react quickly in emergency situations
- Proficient in English communication; oral, written and reading
- Steel toed shoes are required
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs.; Flexibility required
- This job operates in a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms
- The position requires the ability to regularly lift to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds
- The position may involve lifting to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds.
The position may involve needing to lift up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds.
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
Posted on: September 21, 2021