The Packhouse Supervisor oversees the day-to-day packaging operations and staff to ensure timely and efficient workflow. This role is responsible for ensuring productivity targets, health, quality, and food safety standards meet company standards. It is the responsibility of the Production Supervisor to lead a team of workers, oversee employee issues and concerns, provide training, and manage performance.
- Provide leadership to the packhouse team with respect to performance management, scheduling, employee relations, awareness of business context/profitability as well as training/development of staff members.
- Ensure delivery of the packhouse team’s goals and objectives by establishing clearly defined quality methods for staff members to apply.
- Support the Production Manager to ensure the operation remains within budget for labor and throughput; monitor and measure performance to minimize downtime, reduce costs and improve quality and efficiencies.
- Completes GMP Daily Warehouse Checklist and Daily Packing Log and submits to appropriate management personnel.
- Communicate and address variances, quality issues and concerns with relevant departments to help identify the causes and implement sustainable corrective action.
- Monitor the working environment to ensure compliance of company and statutory hygiene, and safety policies and procedures.
- Work directly with the Head Grower and Labor Supervisor to ensure an efficient operation workflow, production requirements and reworked product consistently matches product specifications.
- Other core expectations as defined by the company.
- Secondary school education required; post-secondary education in Business Administration or related discipline, preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years greenhouse/packhouse supervisory experience, required.
- Microsoft (MS) Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills, required.
- Knowledge of ERP software; Famous® software experience, preferred.
- Able to work in a team environment with individuals of all leadership styles, personalities, and career levels.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, and Food Safety
- Strong knowledge of legislative requirements to maintain compliance to all relevant statues and guiding principles.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent analytical, time management, and organizational skills.
- Commitment to high professional and ethical standards.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related accuracy, as well as consistent follow-through skills.
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; role requires flexibility.
- This job operates within a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; bend; twist; use hands to handle or feel product or packaging; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves walking and lifting, regularly, up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds. Visual requirements.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting for periods of time.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Email Address to be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: February 9, 2021