Pure Hothouse Foods is a premier grower and marketer of high quality greenhouse grown products. With a dedicated, energetic and highly skilled workforce, we believe our employees make the difference. We offer our employees the opportunity to advance their careers and contribute to the success of our progressive, vibrant organization.
Currently, we are looking to add an experienced Production Supervisor to growing our team.
Supervise production lines and staff to ensure timely and efficient work flow, while meeting production targets as well as quality and food safety standards.
- Schedule packaging orders for the designated shift and supervise employees to ensure the work is completed timely, effectively and safely
- Track labour and product yields daily
- Monitor the quantity and quality of product ensuring that it is of the required standard
- Monitor the working environment to ensure that company and statutory hygiene, and safety policies and procedures are complied with
- Maintain and review all necessary packing records
- Maintain inspection of labeling and packaging specifications
- Motivate, train and discipline employees
- Communicate all variances in packaging or quality to proper management immediately
- Ensure product allocation is correct and allocation procedures are followed in the database system
- Observe and maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to sustain a safe work environment
- High school diploma required; post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ in a supervisor role leading a team of 20 - 30 employees; previous packing or production processing experience preferred
- Must be flexible, adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multi-task and remain organized essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Six day Rotating Days/Mid-Shift/Afternoon shifts
- Cold warehouse environment where the temperature averages 45-55 degrees Fahrenheit (8-13 degrees Celsius)
- Standing and sitting for an extended period of time
- Rotating weekly work schedule to include day and afternoon shifts, Monday – Saturday
- Occasional overtime and holidays may be required
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, submit your resume to us today!
Pure Hothouse Foods is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact the Human Resources department if an accommodation is required.
**Note: This position does not qualify for relocation expenses and is available FULL-TIME only
Posted on: June 13, 2018