The Vegetable Inspector (QC) responsible to assess and report on the quality of all vegetables received, in inventory and shipped from the facility. Ensure that all products shipped meet or exceed customer and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all loads of vegetables arriving at the facility are visually inspected; Perform outbound inspections on shipments
- Complete QC Inspection Reports for each arriving load, including distressed loads, or any load we deem necessary
- Ensure all inventory is assessed and is categorized according to its quality and condition – Place and release quarantine/on-hold product
- Conduct outgoing quality checks and/or review the checks conducted by the shippers
- Regularly inspect finished product and packaging for adherence to standards, when requested or applicable
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- Secondary School Education or equivalent required; Post secondary education, preferred
- Minimum (1) year experience as a Vegetable Inspector or Quality Inspector in produce or related industry, preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, and Food Safety
- Basic understanding of Fresh Fruit & Vegetable regulations, plus Consumer Packaging & Labeling requirements and standards
- Computer skills (essential)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; flexibility is required
- This job operates within a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation.
Physical Requirements (If applicable):
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; bend; twist; use hands to handle or feel product or packaging; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves walking and lifting, regularly, up to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds. Visual requirements.
Pure Flavor® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Protected Veteran, or Disability Status.
Posted on: February 24, 2022