The Shipping Clerk is responsible for accurate billing of all product being shipped to customers from the distribution center. The position tracks product through the shipping process and ensures food safety compliance and product traceability measures are consistently met. The Shipping Clerk communicates sales orders and purchase orders to the warehouse staff ensuring they are completed accurately and allocated to the designated carrier for shipment.
- Data entry; record product input and output in FAMOUS®
- Monitor FAMOUS® continually for changes and new orders, print pick tickets
- Communicate to supervisors all order variances
- Ensure pick tickets and paperwork are accurately completed and attached to proper BOL’s, including pick tickets and place in the correct order on the shipping board as trucks arrive.
- Generate pick tickets, resolve discrepancies, and complete revisions
- Review customs documentation and communicate with customs brokers
- Reprint pick tickets and BOLS when necessary
- Ensure compliance for GMPS, SOP’s, policies, and procedures
- Schedule inbound and outbound appointment
- Signing drivers in and out for appointments
- Other core expectations as defined by the company
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- High school diploma required; Post-secondary education in a business discipline or a post graduate certificate preferred
- 2-3 years experience in record management in the produce industry preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, and Food Safety
- Experience with ERP software FAMOUS® preferred
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite software experience is required
- Numeric literacy, math and problem-solving skills required
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate keen attention to detail and task-related accuracy, as well as consistent follow-through skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; provide leadership when needed
- Hours of work may vary depending on business needs; flexibility is required
- This job operates within a refrigerated warehouse, where temperatures range from 45-55°F. The noise level in the work environment can be loud due to packaging machinery, and forklift truck operation
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Specific vision capabilities required; employee is to work in front of a computer, sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods is required
- Role frequently requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, twist, use hands to handle or feel product or packaging, and reach with hands and arms
- The position may involve lifting to 30-pounds, occasionally up to 50-pounds.
EOE Race/ Color/ Religion/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ National Origin/ Protected Veteran/ Disability Status
Posted on: February 14, 2022