- 2 Pure Flavor® Aurora Sweets Long Sweet Peppers, to hold other items
- 10 Pure Flavor® Marzanito Mini San Marzano Tomatoes
- 3-5 sliced cheeses: brie, goat cheese, gouda, swiss, cheddar, parmesan
- 3-5 sliced meats: prosciutto, bresaola, salami, ham
- 2-3 jams or preserves: honey comb or small jar of honey, red pepper jelly
- 2 cup olives, your choice: kalamata and manzanilla are popular options
- 1 French baguette sliced and toasted
- 2 cups gherkins or cornichon (French sour pickles)
- 3-5 fruits: grapes, figs, apricots, pears, strawberries
- 2 -3 pickled vegetables: asparagus, green beans, jalapenos
Prepare board 30 minutes before serving to allow cheese to come to room temperature, plan to leave the board out no longer than 2 hours for food safety.
Select a large plate or wood platter and begin adding Charcuterie board items.
Use taller and bigger items such as pears or pepper boats as structural boarder items to hold other items in place.
To make the pepper boats, halve the pepper length wise, clean out. Use one right side up as a bowl to hold the olives (or any small item) from rolling on the platter. The other pepper will be facing down to add color to the platter.