- 1 lb Pure Flavor® Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers, halved with seeds removed
- 2 Pure Flavor® Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 2 spicy pork sausages, removed from casings
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp red wine
- A pinch of saffron
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese, for topping
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and let it sweat for 2 minutes, then add in pork and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the mixture for 3 to 4 minutes until the pork and tomatoes combine. Add red wine and let it cook down until the pork has browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the saffron and remove from heat.
In a small pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Wait until the oil in the pan is very hot, then add the pine nuts. Let them toast for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Remove from heat.
On a baking sheet, line up the peppers in rows. Fill each one with the pork mixture, then sprinkle each with pine nuts and cheese. Bake at 350° F for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.