- 12 oz Pure Flavor® Mini San Marzano Tomatoes
- ¾ cup cured chorizo sausage or salami, minced into very fine cubes
- 6 eggs
- 3 oz grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ small red onion, finely diced
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 3 tbsp garlic powder
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Mince half the tomatoes into fine cubes and mix with red onion. Set aside.
Slice remaining tomatoes in half, brush with olive oil and season with salt, garlic powder and pepper. Roast in oven at 375 degrees on a foil-lined baking sheet until you can press with ease. When softened, press with a fork and mix until a paste-like consistency appears.
Spread tomato paste mixture onto slices of bread. Toast in oven for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
In a pan on medium heat, heat chorizo sausage and toss for about 5 minutes.
Crack eggs into chorizo pan and cook, fluffing with spatula and periodically taking the pan off heat until eggs are scrambled — about 2-3 minutes.
Place chorizo and egg mixture over tomato toast, top with tomato and red onion mixture, and parmesan cheese.