- 1 lb Pure Flavor® Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers, sliced
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 1 red Thai chili, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lb bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 540g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 340g fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 200g cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 8 cups water
- 5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Green onion, for garnish
- Cauliflower rice, optional for serving
In a large pot heat oil on medium-high and sauté the chicken for 5 minutes.
Add water to bring to a boil. Add onion & ginger and continue to boil for 20 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the pot, shred it, and return it to the pot.
Add peppers, chili, garlic, bamboo shoots, and both mushrooms to the pot.
Stir in the rice vinegar, coconut aminos, black pepper, and paprika. Cook for another 10-15 minutes and add salt, to taste.
Slowly add the beaten eggs by stirring in circular motions until you create a "whirl".
Divide the soup among bowls and garnish it with green onion. Serve with a side of cauliflower rice, if desired.