- For the salad:
- 8 oz Pure Flavor® Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers, diced
- 1 dry pint Pure Flavor® Uno Bites™ Nano Cucumbers, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked green lentils, rinsed well
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, minced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large saucepan, combine the lentils, water, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat then reduce to low, cooking for 15 to 20 minutes or until lentils are soft, but still slightly firm. Do not overcook the lentils.
While the lentils are cooking, combine dressing ingredients. Set aside.
When the lentils are cooked, drain and discard the bay leaf. Rinse quickly with cold water.
In a large bowl add peppers, cucumbers, onion, parsley, mint, feta, cooled lentils, and drizzle with dressing. Toss until combined and serve.
For added flavor, substitute vegetable broth instead of water when cooking the lentils.
Write a Review
Appetizer Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers Cucumber Dinner Entrée Family Fast Fresh Fresh Spring Sides Healthy Healthy Snacking Hearty Lunch Meal Mediterranean Recipes Mini Sweet Peppers Pepper Recipes Salad Platters Snacking SOS Under 30 | Recipes Under 30 Minutes Vegetarian