- 1 lb Pure Flavor® Aurora Bites Mini Peppers, cut into thick slices
- 1 pint Pure Flavor® Sangria® Tomato Medley
- 1 lb chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 lb penne or rotini
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, plus extra for serving
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 475° F. Place peppers, tomatoes, sausages, and onions on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, spices, salt, and pepper, then mix all the ingredients until they are well coated. Bake for 25 minutes.
While the vegetables and sausage roast, cook the pasta according to package instructions. When the pasta is done cooking, reserve half a cup of pasta water and set it aside. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl. Top the pasta with the cooked vegetables, chicken sausages, cheddar cheese and reserved pasta water. Mix all the ingredients together to coat them. Garnish with parsley, then serve immediately with extra cheddar cheese.