- For the roasted pepper sauce:
- 8 oz Pure Flavor® Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes
- ¼ - ½ cup hot water
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp sea salt
- For the pasta:
- 8 oz Pure Flavor® Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers, sliced
- 1 package cooked pasta
- 4 oz broccoli florets, cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- Crushed red pepper flake (optional)
Preheat oven to 400º F. Toss peppers, onion and garlic with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread evenly on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and roast until the onion is soft and translucent, about 20-25 minutes.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the broccoli and peppers and cook until they are fork tender, about 5-7 minutes. Season vegetables with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
When vegetables are done roasting, let cool slightly, then peel the peppers and remove the seeds. Add the peeled peppers, onion and garlic to a blender. Drain the soaked cashews and add them to the blender along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, nutritional yeast and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add hot water a little at a time to thin the texture, scraping down the sides of the blender.
Combine the pastas, broccoli and pepper sauce together. Garnish with vegan parmesan and/or red pepper flakes to serve.